While owning a website is extremely important for any business, most of the existing websites in the world do not even come close to meeting their full potential. It doesn’t really matter if you have an outstanding website, if nobody knows about it. In today’s world, everything tends to move online and more people search for information, products, services and anything else you can imagine, on the internet. Would you like your business to become your potential customers’ first option when they search for your products or services? Would you like your small business to be able to compete with even the largest organisations in your industry? The simple answer is SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO is an internet marketing strategy that focuses on increasing a website’s standings in the search engine result pages for search queries conducted on specific keywords, previously identified as valuable for that website.
What are the SEO benefits
Small Business SEO is considered to be one of the best marketing strategies to date and the number of business owners or managers taking it up has been increasing fast over the past few years and continues to do so. Here are a few reasons why SEO is so highly regarded:
- High ROI – One of the biggest advantages you get from SEO is a very high return on investment. It holds 3rd place in terms of cost/lead, just behind Social Media Marketing and Blogs.
- Targeted Web Traffic – With SEO, your website will be positioned among the first results for your keywords, thus, when people come to your website after searching for one of those keywords, they have already shown a certain degree of interest for what you have to offer.
- High Conversion Rate – As a small business owner or manager, you surely know how difficult it can be to get leads and how valuable they are. By targeting traffic, SEO achieves the highest conversion rate from leads to real buying customers of all marketing channels.
- Sales Volume Increase – The objective of any marketing campaign is attracting more customers and increasing the sales volume. By taking advantage of the high conversion rate that SEO provides, your customer base will increase and your sales volume could rise through the roof!
- Increase Brand Awareness – By positioning your site in the top search engine results, you will place your business in front of the hundreds, thousands or millions of people (depending on the industry) who search for your products or services every month, thus greatly increasing your brand awareness.
How is SEO done?
In any SEO campaign, although varying from business to business, there are a few main steps to follow in order to achieve the intended objective:
- Keyword Research – One of the most important steps in any SEO project, keyword research focuses on finding the best industry-related words or expressions to optimise for, in terms of competition and number of searches. For small business SEO, the most searched for keywords are not always the best to consider for search engine optimisation.
- SEO audit of the website – Once the target keywords have been identified, the website is evaluated in terms of its already existing SEO value for those keywords.
- Competition Analysis – This is where you get to understand your competition strengths and weaknesses. In many cases this step can point you to the first actions to take in your own campaign.
- On-page Optimisation – This step deals with fixing potential errors on your website, optimising the website loading time, image sizes and alternate texts, different valuable HTML tags, etc.
- Off-page Optimisation – This is the most important step in a SEO campaign, especially for small businesses and is mainly comprised of building high-quality links on other websites that point back to your own. There are several factors to consider when building links and, if not done properly, some of them can hurt your website’s standings rather than help them.
Throughout the entire process, we will keep you regularly updated on progress, thus giving you the opportunity to constantly track what your budget is spent on and better asses the SEO campaign success.